EDUCATIONAL, COMMUNITY AND
ARE WELCOME, BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT
Thanks to the many groups who have generously
supported our cause over the years
- Holmesglen TAFE Chadstone Campus
of about 10 Year 12 VCAL students with teachers including Ron, Anthony
over a period of 13 years between 2007 and 2019. Attendance at sworking
bees in addition to our Sunday and Wednesday working bees.
- Rotary Club of Chadstone / East Malvern PHOTO PHOTO
- Planting volunteers in 2017 through 2019. Catering for 2018 and 2019
planting events. Catering and clean up volunteers for Clean Up
Australia Day 2019.
- Rotary Club of Malvern - Planting volunteers in 2018 and 2019.
- Rotary Club of Glenferrie - Planting volunteers and catering for one of the 2018 planting events.
- Holmesglen TAFE Waverley Campus
- 28 tertiary Diploma of Conservation and Land Management students with
teacher Joab during 2018 and teacher Sophie in earlier years.
- Grill'd Camberwell,
Burke Road, Camberwell. Cash Donations via their "Community Matters"
program.plus staff planting volunteers on National Tree Day 2018.
- Bunnings Hawthorn Store. Staff participated at a Community Planting Event in 2018 together with a donation of Planting Equipment.
- Bunnings Head Office Coffee Shop,
Cato Street, East Hawthorn. Domation of 15 cents per cup of coffee
served in a reusable container intead of a paper cup, over several
- Green Army Team with Jo during 2017 - Site Preparation,
"One of Saving Suburbia's goals this year is to establish a relationship with another group that shares similar goals and aims to work together in our Work Parties. The beginning of this connection happened in March when Stage III had their first Saving Suburbia Work Party at Glenburn Bend Park
in Glen Iris. It was a successful event, with 8 Stage III’s and Paul
working alongside the Friends of Gardeners Creek Group to weed, clean
up and place weed preventing matting in the park. Also worthy of note
was helping clear dead branches off a National Trust protected tree
affected by recent storms." C h r i s B a t e s 2013
- Deakin Enviro Club,
Deakin University Environment Club, Burwood Campus with four Evironmental Science Student Leaders over
four consecutive years: PHOTOS
- Salvation Army Youth 300 Project - Boroondara Year 10 students, Bowen Street, Camberwell with leaders Jason and Jaqui
- MLC, Kew - Ecocare Environment Club - Senior School students with the Environment Captain and the Head of Science
- Korowa Anglican Girls School,
Glen Iris - Senior School students with the School Captain and the Head
of Geography; Middle
School students with teachers and Stonnington Parks Staff at Muswell
Bend; Junior School students with teachers and Stonnington Parks Staff
at Muswell Bend
- 1st Glen Iris Scout Group
- 1st Glen Iris Scout Group with two Queen's Scouts mentored by Trevor FACEBOOK
- 1st Malvern Scout Group with Peter
- 1st Ashburton Scout Group with Jeff
- 13th Malvern Scout Group
- Boroondara Guides
- Camberwell High School, Senior School, Prospect Hill Road, Camberwell
- Melbourne High School Environment Action Group (EAG), South Yarra
- Kingswood College, Box Hill South
- Glen Iris Primary School
with students, teachers and parents, Glen Iris Road, Glen Iris. FoGCV
recently gave advice on plants for the school's new Bird Garden. SCHOOL NEWSLETTER
- St. Michaels Primary School, High Street, Ashburton
- Wattletree Early Childhood Centre, Wattletree Road, Malvern
- Samarinda Lodge, High Street, Ashburton (Thousands of plants propagated from seed and cuttings)
- Tree Project (Hundreds of plants propagated from seed and cuttings)
- Lions Club of Boroondara Gardiners Creek
- Bao Lin Chan Monastry, High Street, Glen Iris
- Planet Angels Eco-friendly everyday products to replace single use plastics in your home
- Cafe Buddha & Galarie, 17 High Street, Glen Iris
- Greg Schofield & Associates Pty Ltd, Consulting Civil and Structural Engineers, High Street, Glen Iris. Emgineering advice during widening of the Monash Freeway.
- Serve-Safe Food Hygiene Training Services Pty Ltd,
Sunshine Coast and Melbourne. Advice re food safety risk advice for
the catering at planting days. Donation of a food thermometer.
- Camberwell Toyota, Camberwell Road, Camberwell. Donation of treeguards.
- Greening Australia Victoria Plant Propagation Training Courses for members
- Greening Australia Victoria Donation of plant species which can be difficult to source