AND CORPORATE GROUPS
ARE WELCOME, BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT
Thanks to the many groups who have generously
supported our cause over the years
- Holmesglen TAFE Waverley Campus
- Tertiary Conservation and Land Management students with teacher Joab during 2018 and teacher Sophie in earlier years.
- Holmesglen TAFE Chadstone Campus -Year 12 VCAL students with teachers Anthony and Lis over the last 10 years
- Rotary Club of Chadstone / East Malvern PHOTO PHOTO - Planting volunteers in 2017 and 2018 and catering for a 2018 planting event.
- Rotary Club of Glenferrie - Planting volunteers and catering for a 2018 planting event.
- Rotary Club of Malvern- Planting volunteers in 2018.
- Green Army Team with Jo during 2017 - Site Preparation
"One of Saving Suburbia's goals this year is to establish a relationship with another group that shares similar goals and aims to work together in our Work Parties. The beginning of this connection happened in March when Stage III had their first Saving Suburbia Work Party at Glenburn Bend Park
in Glen Iris. It was a successful event, with 8 Stage III’s and Paul
working alongside the Friends of Gardeners Creek Group to weed, clean
up and place weed preventing matting in the park. Also worthy of note
was helping clear dead branches off a National Trust protected tree
affected by recent storms." C h r i s B a t e s 2013
- Deakin Enviro Club,
Deakin University Environment Club, Burwood Campus with four Evironmental Science Student Leaders over
four consecutive years: PHOTOS
- SEWA Indian Community Group (55 planting volunteers at a single FoGCV Community Planting Day in 2015) PHOTO PHOTO
- Salvation Army Youth 300 Project - Boroondara Year 10 students, Bowen Street, Camberwell with leaders Jason and Jaqui
- MLC, Kew - Ecocare Environment Club - Senior School students with the Environment Captain and the Head of Science
- Korowa Anglican Girls School,
Glen Iris - Senior School students with the School Captain and the Head
of Geography; Middle
School students with teachers and Stonnington Parks Staff at Muswell
Bend; Junior School students with teachers and Stonnington Parks Staff
at Muswell Bend
- 1st Glen Iris Scout Group
- 1st Glen Iris Scout Group with two Queen's Scouts mentored by Trevor FACEBOOK
- 1st Malvern Scout Group with Peter
- 1st Ashburton Scout Group with Jeff
- 13th Malvern Scout Group
- Boroondara Guides
- Camberwell High School, Senior School, Prospect Hill Road, Camberwell
- Melbourne High School Environment Action Group (EAG), South Yarra
- Kingswood College, Box Hill South
- Glen Iris Primary School
with students, teachers and parents, Glen Iris Road, Glen Iris. FoGCV
recently gave advice on plants for the school's new Bird Garden. NEWSLETTER
- St. Michaels Primary School, High Street, Ashburton
- Wattletree Early Childhood Centre, Wattletree Road, Malvern
- Samarinda Lodge, High Street, Ashburton (Thousands of plants propagated from seed and cuttings)
- Tree Project (Hundreds of plants propagated from seed and cuttings)
- Lions Club of Boroondara Gardiners Creek (Generous donation of equipment and tools)
- Bao Lin Chan Monastry, High Street, Glen Iris
- Cafe Buddha & Galarie, 17 High Street, Glen Iris
- Grill'd Camberwell, Burke Road, Camberwell (Cash Donations via their "Community Matters" program.)
- Chicken Central, Hawthorn, Corner of Glenferrie and Riversdale Roads, Hawthorn. Donation of corrugated cardboard boxes for use in a weed control trials.
- Bunnings Head Office Coffee Shop,
Cato Street, East Hawthorn. Domation of 15 cents per cup of coffee
served in a reusable container intead of a paper cup, over several
- Bunnings Hawthorn Store- Attended Planting Event + Donation of Planting Equipment
- Greg Schofield & Associates Pty Ltd, Consulting Civil and Structural Engineers, High Street, Glen Iris. Emgineering advice during widening of the Monash Freeway.
- Serve-Safe Food Hygiene Training Services Pty Ltd,
Sunshine Coast and Melbourne. Advice re food safety risk advice for
the catering at planting days. Donation of a food thermometer.
- Camberwell Toyota, Camberwell Road, Camberwell. Donation of treeguards.
- Greening Australia Victoria Plant Propagation Training Courses for members
- Greening Australia Victoria Donation of plant species which can be difficult to source